FORUM Financial WARS

Feb 14 2020

Russian Ambassador In Turkey Receiving Threats On His Life

Russian Ambassador In Turkey Receiving Threats On His Life

Russian Ambassador Alexei Yerkhov with Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan. Click to see full-size image

Russian Ambassador to Turkey Alexei Yerkhov said that he received threats to his life due to the escalation of the situation in Idlib.

The diplomat noted that recent events in the Syrian province have caused anti-Russian hysteria in Turkish social networks.

“There’s an escalation in Syria. I agree: very painful events and troubled days. First Russian officers, then Turkish soldiers died. But look at what a monstrous whistle began in social networks. I don’t want to, but I will quote some of the sayings. “Goodbye to your life, “No one will mourn you,” “It is time for you to burn out,” and all that jazz,” Yerkhov said.

According to him, a similar situation happened five years ago due to the situation in Aleppo.

“How did it end? The “airplane crisis” and the villainous assassination of Ambassador Andrei Karlov. By the way, they directly threaten me, personally,” the ambassador added. “And so, does history really teach no one?”

Yerkhov also noted “the bloodthirstiness of some authors of blogs and posts, anger and hatred, to a point when they even lose the ability to reason logically.”

“But the second thing, in my opinion, is even more dangerous: it’s an absolute reluctance to understanding the partner, his logic of actions, to heed his words and take for granted the right of another to his own point of view, different from your vision of what is happening. This kind of attitude can turn into a big disaster,” the diplomat concluded.

The Turkish authorities are taking all measures to protect Russian diplomats in connection with threats to the Russian ambassador to Ankara, Alexei Erkhov, a spokesman for the Turkish Foreign Ministry said.

“Our relevant authorities take all the necessary measures around the clock regarding the security of the Russian Embassy in Ankara and all consular buildings located in our country, as well as diplomats and their families. Any notifications and requests sent by the Russian Embassy in Ankara to our ministry regarding the security of their missions or diplomats, are evaluated seriously and promptly transferred to our respective bodies,” the spokesperson said.

The Kremlin spokesperson Dmitry Peskov commented that Turkey would undertake all necessary measures to guarantee the security of the Russian ambassador, and other employees of the embassy.

Regardless, the threats towards Ambassador Yerkhov show the level of radicalization reached by a part of Turkish society, as well as the scope of Ankara’s propaganda regarding the situation in Idlib.

Former Russian Ambassador to Turkey Andrei Karlov, on December 19th, 2016 was shot, and killed, Mevlüt Mert Altıntaş, an off-duty Turkish police officer, at an art exhibition in Ankara, Turkey.

The man shouted “Allahu Akbar” and something about Syria as he carried out his attack.

Turkey, back then, claimed that FETO, which Ankara deems a terrorist organization carried out the attack, but it is very apparent, that the public hate campaign against Damascus and Moscow towards the fight against terrorists in Syria and the fight for Aleppo were among the key reasons for the tragedy that took place.

The same excuse was used when a Turkish F-16 fighter jet downed a Russian Su-24M attack aircraft on November 24th, 2015, FETO was blamed as having caused the tragedy, saying that it targeted Russian-Turkish relations.

FETO is being used as a be-all and end-all for all tragedies that are caused by the heavy propaganda in Turkish society.

MORE ON THE TOPIC:

The post Russian Ambassador In Turkey Receiving Threats On His Life appeared first on .

Written by ENGLANDHause

%d bloggers like this: